The 2015 Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show returned to the NEC last month with almost 87,000 visitors in attendance, up three per cent compared to 2014.
NCC Events’ show for the leisure vehicle and camping market attracted 86,625 visitors from 17 to 22 February, a record for the show since the organiser ran its first spring show at the NEC in 2012.
TV’s Ben Fogle and Matt Baker opened the show, which had more than 350 exhibitors across five halls.
Andrew Whalley, managing director of NCC Events, said: “I am delighted that such a bumper audience attended The Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 2015. It was the busiest ever since we began organising the event in 2012 and the atmosphere in the halls was electric.
“With double-digit growth for 2014 new caravan sales and motorhome registrations, this increase in visitor numbers is reflective of how buoyant the market currently is.”
The success of the show didn’t seem disparaged by the axe of survival expert Ray Mears as a speaker, after calling motorhomes “hideous” on television, as the organiser reported Saturday as the busiest day of the show, with almost 20,000 people through the doors.
Interactive feature areas, including an assault course and cycle challenge were among the highlights of the show, alongside the Experts’ Theatre which featured a programme of sessions, from practical caravanning tips, to fashion advice from Kate Lawler.
Whalley said: “If you factor in the attendance at our Motorhome & Caravan Show 2014 then we have welcomed more than 180,000 people to our two events in the last five months and with interest in our sector, boosted by ‘Freedom to Go’, continuing to rise, it bodes well for the year ahead, roll on October”.
NCC Events’ second consumer exhibition, The Motorhome & Caravan Show 2015, will return to the NEC on 13–18 October.