Home TopicAssociations QD Events acquires SFN Expo

QD Events acquires SFN Expo

by Stuart Wood

QD Events, Scotland’s biggest event organiser, has announced the acquisition of the Scottish Fitness and Nutrition Expo (SFN).

SFN has grown significantly since its inaugural event in 2013, with record attendances and high exhibitor retention rates.

QD has been a partial shareholder since 2016, when it acquired 25% of the show. It now owns the remainder of SFN, after a bid for the further 75% was accepted.

Greg Cherry, managing director of QD Events, said: “We are delighted to add SFN Expo to the QD Events portfolio. This consumer show fits in well with the rest of the events we have, and we can see some real growth opportunities for the SFN brand.

“We have worked closely with SFN’s organisers over the past few years to help it reach its true potential, scale and accessibility to the mainstream fitness market. We feel the timing is perfect for QD to step in and acquire the brand.”

Neil MacLean, who is co-founder and show director of SFN, said: “This is just the beginning of the next chapter for SFN. I’m still going to be heavily involved in the show, so it’s exciting to be working closely with Scotland’s biggest organiser.

“I was running the show single-handedly, but you have to be realistic about how far you can take it by yourself. I am an expert in some aspects, such as marketing, and QD are expert organisers, so this new arrangement is going to take the event to new heights.”

The next edition of SFN Expo will run from 6-7 October 2018 at the Scottish Event Campus in Glasgow and has already hit record stand and ticket sales. The show will see the return of the World’s Strongest Man, Eddie Hall, and industry brands such as Les Mills creating interactive fitness experiences for visitors.

Related Articles