Wales Business Events has today (27 June) unveiled a five-point plan to grow its share of the global business events market.
The plan comprises:
- The appointment of Heledd Williams (pictured below) into the new position of head of business events to co-ordinate and lead greater visibility in the business events market place. Williams will manage a raft of new industry initiatives, brand development and stakeholder engagement.
- A programme of attendance at national and international shows and events across the rest of the UK, Europe and North America.
- A co-ordinated approach to promoting Wales as a knowledge capital and matching business events with Wales’ economic sector strengths including manufacturing, life sciences, energy and technology.
- An education programme for partners throughout the country who are looking to engage in and support the fulfilment of Wales’ ambitions in capturing a greater share of the business events market.
- Maximising Wales’ reputation and pedigree as an events host following its successful recent hosting of global events such as the Volvo Ocean Race, UEFA Champions League Final, the NATO Summit, WOMEX and Bio Wales, one of the UK’s leading life sciences conferences.
Head of events for Visit Wales, Heledd Williams, said: “There is no question that Wales has significant potential to draw further business events to our award-winning venues and destinations, both from within the UK and internationally. We are a country with a unique mix of breath-taking scenery, passionate culture and sustainably-produced food alongside burgeoning inward investment, research development and centres for innovation.”