Mash Media is hiring for an exciting new role as marketing manager – events working on events including International Confex, the Event Production Show and the EN Awards.
Job Title: Marketing Manager, Events
Direct Reports: 2
Reporting to: Marketing Director
An opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Manager to join the team at Mash Media, the largest independent and most inclusive media company in the global events industry.
Through our diverse product range of publications, websites and live events, we talk to event professionals around the world, every day. This means that we provide our customers and the communities we serve with opportunities to learn, share, connect and sell through our brands.
This role exists to deliver best in class Marketing strategies, plans and campaigns that ensure our events continue to go from strength to strength, through attendance, engagement and building their reputation, value and importance within the industry.
Reporting to the Marketing Director and working closely with Portfolio Directors and almost every department within the business, you will be responsible for owning and developing event marketing campaigns from creative concept development through to reporting results and everything in between.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a marketing professional with solid integrated experience to take ownership and put their experience and ideas into action to drive positive results. The role requires a strategic thinker as much at home considering and defining strategy as they are rolling up their sleeves to bring that strategy and vision to life.
Mash Media is going through a period of transformation and exciting change as we look to grow and deliver information, communities and events to our audiences. The Marketing Manager will play a central role in ensuring we present and communicate our brands and events in a way that really engages our audiences and drives positive actions.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for delivering outstanding Event marketing strategy, plans and deliverables that engages and drives positive action from our audiences:
- Developing and implementing innovative marketing strategies including visitor & exhibitor communication campaigns to connect with the event’s audience and meet strategic goals
- Gathering & evaluating customer research, market trends, competitor data to help inform the development and creation of effective and engaging marketing plans
- The creation and timely delivery and activation of all planned activations in-house and with 3rd Party partners and suppliers
- Continually reviewing process and ways of working within the organisation to ensure we evolve as a business and have the right elements in place to deliver outstanding results.
- Timely reporting of KPIs to ensure that the business remain aware of progress and are able to identify opportunities and threats to success.
- The ownership of creative development and execution through all available marketing channels including press, web, e-mail, digital, print, data management, social and event materials.
Mash Media is a thriving, energetic, entrepreneurial media business and we are looking to make significant improvements in the way we market our products and brands to our customers and the communities we serve. We are looking for a talented individual who can really help transform our marketing delivery, working closely with the Head of Marketing and a team of dedicated marketing, web, data, design and CRM professionals. The ideal candidate will already be an established event marketeer who is both able to implement strategy but has ideas of their own and can bring a fresh perspective into Mash Media. The individual must have excellent communications and skills, be highly collaborative, well organised and can demonstrate a passion for quality campaign creation and delivery. The individual will also want to play a leading role in the development of the events we deliver on behalf of our customers and would appeal strongly to someone who enjoys the live events, meetings and conference markets.
Desired Key Skills & Experience:
- Broad experience and understanding of all comms channels and how mix influences results
- Analytically savvy to interpret results and help inform future decisions.
- An understanding of Data and CRM
- Confidence to make informed decisions for best outcomes
- Fantastic Project Management skills, able to set clear project plans and navigate through an organisation to ensure timely and quality delivery of every element
- An understanding of Website CMS platforms
- Ability to craft detailed stories into precise focused messages.
- Excellent content writing and proofing ability fit for audience.
- A forward-thinking individual with a passion for improvement
- Ability to juggle numerous projects whilst remaining confident, calm, focused and fun.
- Minimum of 5 years involved in events, exhibitions or conferences
- Strong work ethic and attention to quality and detail
- Be results driven
- Be a team player yet able to work independently and help educate others
To apply for this role email Mash Media COO Graeme Barnett on firstname.lastname@example.org.