About Mash Media
There are so many exciting opportunities that await a marketing and content manager – Come join us!!
Mash Media is the largest and most inclusive media company in the global events industry. Our portfolio of products covers every sector of the industry, from exhibitions and trade fairs, through conference and brand events, and into outdoor events and festivals. We talk to event professionals around the world, every day through our print and online publications. We also meet them face to face, via our live events and exhibitions; Mash Media owns three of the biggest event based exhibitions in the UK. This means that every day Mash Media is providing forums for events professionals to benchmark, develop, share, learn and sell through our brands.
Main purpose of the job
The purpose of this role is to produce and deliver the marketing and content strategy promoting our flagship event to delegates and exhibitors. You will be a self-motivated individual who loves working alongside a great team, across the marketing mix, to promote a national treasure of an event.
- Work with the Editor, Group Marketing Manager, Event Director and the wider team to develop, implement and produce conference content plans for the London flagship events and oversee the conference plans for the event.
- Research important industry topics and keep up to date with industry trends to ensure streams of content and webinar series themes are relevant to our audience.
- Identify and recruit appropriate speakers through research, networking, and existing contacts to achieve your target requirements.
- Identify and recruit high quality industry figures who will be able to chair theatres and moderate panel discussions.
- Work with the content, marketing and sales teams to identify opportunities for further growth and consider the development of new conference formats & Identify potential add-ons to provide incremental revenue.
- Support the marketing and contents teams to develop relationships and identify influential industry associations and other possible partners.
- Ensure the marketability of conference programmes.
- Work with the Group Marketing Manager and Event Director plus the wider team to develop and implement marketing strategy, positioning and key messages and product strategy.
- Execute the marketing campaign(s) and report on effectiveness and results ensuring all elements achieve required performance criteria.
- Management of the creative/design process for marketing material. This includes the update and development of existing materials plus the creation of new material in line with the marketing strategy.
- Work with the sales team to create sales campaigns, focused on both new client growth and increased client retention. This includes messaging to drive revenue across all products such as digital, sponsorships, and future revenue opportunities.
- Develop strategic audience development plans and ensure marketing communications accurately reflect event positioning and key messaging. Be the lead in messaging and writing regarding our outbound reach to our customers. Good communication and writing skills are imperative.
- Collaborate with partners to develop marketing campaigns, lead generation strategies and compelling materials for all revenue streams across live and digital products.
- Regularly review marketing plan, response rates/KPI’s, attendee demographics, and industry best practices to ensure marketing efforts are effective and successful, making recommendations and adjustments as appropriate.
- Oversee and execute community building and social media strategies that drive engagement, interaction, brand affinity and could improve the audience experience.
- Database management, list management, and development with the support of business intelligence and data teams.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of key marketing statistics and forecasts.
- Manage marketing budgets, purchase orders, and liaise with Finance on reporting requirements.
- Manage all planning and execution of registration process for visitors.
- Responsible for the delivery of all delegate, visitor, and attendee revenue generation, plus development of attendee/delegate pricing strategies and reporting.
- Support Group Marketing Manager and Director in determining and executing business development strategy.
Skills and abilities:
- Great writing skills. You will mainly be working on healthcare events so you should be confident in writing technical copy.
- Ability to produce creative and well thought out marketing plans
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time.
- Good IT skills. You will be using content management systems, databases and email software
- Commercial acumen to develop sales-led marketing initiatives.
- Ambition to develop your marketing career.
- Have something to teach us about social media.
- Get on well with people from all walks of life (and the ability to network and make new friends quickly!)
- Hold grace under pressure.
- Good attention to detail. In the events world little things matter.
- Flexibility to accommodate extended working hours as needed around key show times.
We are searching for a graduate calibre who is looking for an opportunity to join a company that is marketing led and invests in its brands. You will probably have at least 3-5 years marketing experience at senior exec level or above. We particularly want to see evidence of contributing to the development of marketing and content plans. Experience of marketing events is an advantage but not a pre-requisite especially for candidates with experience in the fields in which we run our events.
Please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com