About Brands at Work
Since we opened our doors in 2010, we’ve built a strong, international, creative reputation which led us to win C&IT’s UK Agency of the Year in 2018. Following this, Brands at Work has gone on to win more industry awards, including the C&IT Grand Prix Award in 2020, as well as EVCOM’s Challenger Agency of the Year – among many others.
We always aim:
• To use business insight and creative artistry to bring brands to life.
• To transform complex strategies and brilliant ideas into bold experiences.
• To engage audiences, inspire action and transform performance.
We challenge the status quo, love pushing boundaries, and we make even ‘seemingly dry content’ spring to life by telling stories in different ways using unexpected formats. We love to deliver projects that others would say are impossible, completely reimagining what a corporate event or communication can be.
Who do we work for?
We’re proud to say that we have always punched well above our weight. All of our clients are blue chip giants, ranging from Big Four firms to Big Pharmas, insurers, major pizza retailers and technology clients. Within the last year alone, we have covered everything from artificial intelligence and multiple sclerosis, to medical technology and regional C-suite summits about what matters most during periods of crisis, challenge & turmoil.
Brands at Work has gone from strength to strength throughout the Global COVID pandemic continuing to deliver virtual events throughout whether from a studio, or from our presenters’ own homes. Nothing is too much of a challenge, and we thrive on being given a seemingly unachievable task. Over the past year, we have still worked to deliver events across the World with clients ranging from Hong Kong to Boston, and audience members from Australia to LA!
Live events are our bread and butter, with us currently working on several confirmed live events towards the end of the year and into the next both in the UK and abroad. As well as continue to deliver virtual events.
When we receive a brief, we analyse and challenge it to develop a strategic, bespoke approach that weaves together and takes delegates on a journey. We live for LIVE… and believe any event, no matter how large or small, represents an opportunity to be a theatrical, interactive, and engaging experience. We all share a desire to wow, entertain and involve our corporate audiences.
So what’s our secret to success? We hire, grow and retain fresh talent. We give them plenty of opportunity and responsibility to own and accelerate their learning and career trajectory. While we’re still small in number, we’re mighty in what we deliver, so the culture here is an entrepreneurial one where everybody (necessarily) gets stuck in to everything. Nobody is pigeonholed into doing a single task and nobody is a ‘one trick pony’, or should we say ‘one trick zebra’… (bonus points if you can work out why and include it in your application).
If you’re the hardworking, passionate and unique person we’re looking for and we’re lucky enough to receive your application, we very much hope we get to be involved in your career journey and make you part of our Herd’s story.
All of our Herd are expected to have an ‘all-rounder’ nature. As such the duties of a Senior Event Coordinator at Brands at Work are wide ranging and varied, with the opportunity extending to other areas of the business should you wish.
The role’s main focus is to lead on attendee management and to support with day to day communications for a range of large scale corporate events, both in pre-production, on-site and post-production.
• General registration administration
• Assisting management in the event registration process from beginning to end, including researching appropriate registration solutions
• Act as the first point of contact for registration queries from delegates and our clients
• Responsibility for event hotlines and corresponding email inboxes and to manage and prioritise responses on a daily basis
• Collating data in Excel spreadsheets (i.e. transport manifests, hotel rooming lists)
• Assist in registration communications including proofing and editing of mailing elements
• Continuously provide high quality on-site support
• Assist with post event attendance analysis and industry specific reporting
• Collaborate effectively with project team members and key suppliers
• The flexibility to travel nationally and internationally to attend meetings and events
- Supporting venue find briefs
- Assisting in budget management including putting together initial costings for either part of, or the whole event
- Booking travel and accommodation
Skills, qualifications, and abilities (200 words): Skills & Competencies
In addition to demonstrating the ability to meet the duties detailed above, the successful candidate will also have the following:
• Build and maintain Excel spreadsheets
• Good technical knowledge to offer assistance with registration issues
• Effective time management (ability to self-prioritise tasks)
• Ability to think critically and voice opinion
• Good listening skills, with the ability to summarise key points
✓ 2 – 3 years delegate management
✓ Experience working across multiple registration systems (on and off the shelf)
✓ Large scale events
✓ Understanding and awareness of GDPR
✓ Advance use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
✓ Overall project management
✓ Additional language (Italian preferred)
✓ Agency experience
Contact email for applications: firstname.lastname@example.org