The Grounds Management Association (GMA) is the leading, membership organisation representing grounds managers, grounds staff, grounds maintenance managers, and all others involved in the management of sports pitches, landscape and amenity facilities in the UK. Our members range from professionals managing the playing surfaces of elite stadia and training facilities through to volunteers maintaining grassroots pitches for local communities and groups.
Our vision is to help them achieve “quality surfaces through excellence in grounds management”.
The Grounds Management Association (GMA) is seeking to recruit a Commercial and Events Coordinator to join the existing administrative team with a focus on the development of GMA Corporate Plus and Corporate membership, as well as assisting in the development, planning, and staging of GMA exhibitions and events, including our flagship trade show SALTEX.
- Provide full administration support to include regular reporting on membership data specifically for Corporate Plus and Corporate members to the Senior Management Team, The Strategy and Finance Group, and the GMA Board
- Support the sales functions to grow profit by providing administrative support to increase take up of GMA Corporate Plus and Corporate membership categories.
- Help the Director of Commercial and Events to cultivate relationships and develop new revenue opportunities.
- Through the use of the CRM system and the SALTEX database ensure that the integrity of data is regularly updated to ensure accuracy of information held
- Ensure that appropriate steps have been administered regarding data protection (GDPR)
- Support the planning, staging and evaluation of member retention and commercial partnership events as directed by the Director of Commercial and Events, in line with agreed business strategic priorities.
- Actively contribute to the successful delivery of SALTEX, The GMA Awards, webinars and other events as required.
- Administer the SALTEX working group throughout each show cycle providing minutes and notes as required.
- Assist and support the strategic growth of the Corporate Plus and Corporate Membership working to agreed key performance indicators as agreed and set out by the Board of the GMA.
- Support the Director of Commercial and Events in creating opportunities for investment through sponsorship.
- Support the CEO the Director of Finance and Administration and the C.O.O with relevant forecasts and financial reports.
- Where required contribute to the production of materials relevant to the commercial team to include information to assist the promotion and awareness of membership benefits in particular for Corporate members and the promotion of events.
- Work closely with the Communications and Public Relations team to ensure accuracy of information and up to date relevant communications at all times are promoted.
Skills, Qualifications, and Abilities:
The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal, communication and IT skills and be able to multitask daily. They should also be PC literate with knowledge of Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and have strong written and oral commercial skills. Reporting directly to the Commercial and Events Director they should have in-depth knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM), preferable on the Oomi system and working knowledge of running webinars via the GoToWebinar platform.
The candidate should be passionate about people, with the ability to work in a small team, including account management and cross-collaboration with the other departments and be able to demonstrate clear knowledge and understanding of events and membership organisations. Knowledge of the grounds management industry and the structures of sport would be considered an advantage.
|Estimated Starting Salary||£19,000|