Informa’s Global Licensing Group, the organisers behind Brand Licensing Europe are launching a four-week virtual event called the Festival of Licensing.
The Festival of Licensing will run online from 6-29 October, 2020 and will comprise of four regionally tailored events in key licensing territories, each supported by the Global Licensing Group’s event brands:
- Week 1: 6-8 October – Europe, powered by Brand Licensing Europe
- Week 2: 14-15 October – Asia, powered by Licensing Expo China and Licensing Expo Japan
- Week 3: 20-22 October – North America and Latin America, powered by Licensing Expo
- Week 4: 28-29 October – Global C-suite virtual conference – Licensing Leadership Summit
Informa Markets’ Global Licensing Group vice president, Anna Knight, said: “We are incredibly excited to announce Festival of Licensing and proud of the opportunities and experiences it offers to the global licensing industry. Although the decision to transition Brand Licensing Europe to an all-virtual event was a difficult one and we will miss seeing everyone at ExCeL this year, I’m proud that we have a comprehensive offering in its place and look forward to the European event kicking off Festival of Licensing.
“We have had great feedback from June’s Licensing Week Virtual, so we know that there is huge potential and appetite for industry connection during this challenging time when meeting face-to-face is difficult. Our partners are telling us that driving domestic and international connections, discovering new IP and brands and learning how to navigate the new consumer landscape are paramount to the health of forward-planning for the business of brand licensing, and Festival of Licensing will support all of these needs.
“We also want Festival of Licensing to offer amazing experiences for everyone who joins us. One of the joys of virtual is that it can make the previously impossible possible, and we plan to use the power of the platform to fuel the imagination, delight and inspire in a fitting celebration of this industry and the people within it.”
Maura Regan, president, Licensing International, added: “This global virtual event is an exciting platform to provide our members and the broader industry with the connections and tools to continue to move their business forward. Our industry is truly global, and this event promises to bring us all together (while apart) designed expressly to engage and facilitate smart business in real time, regardless of where in the world you may be.”
The first events will be time-zoned around the territories they serve and deliver the following:
- Exclusive brand and property showcases from up to 300 exhibitors.
- Untapped talent with live License This! and Pitch the Brands competition finals.
- Live keynote headliners from some of the world’s most influential brands, addressing the most pressing topics of the current and ever-changing business environment.
- 100+ hours of live and on-demand, territory and category specific content to guide businesses through the new consumer landscape.
- Retailer-only space with exclusive educational content and Q&A sessions
- Thousands of opportunities to meet, do business and strike deals through the Festival Matchmaking Service, enabling both pre-planned online video meetings and impromptu exhibitor booth drop-ins
- Fully Licensed!, an unmissable programme of live daily evening entertainment and experiences in each region
- Community & Wellbeing featuring a celebration of the global licensing industry, a wide range of business/career advice and mentoring, a huge industry fundraiser and wellbeing workshops focused on our physical, nutritional, creative, psychological and social needs
The festival will conclude with Licensing Leadership Summit taking place 28-29 October.