The key message for Global Exhibitions Day (GED) 2020 for this year’s 5th annual celebration is that ‘exhibitions are key to rebuilding economies’.
GED is already the biggest and most international day of advocacy and awareness the industry has ever seen and it takes place today, 3 June.
The message, driven by UFI and its members, has already spread to 109 countries/regions and has a social reach of 5.3m people.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, the exhibition industry is coming together through videos, webcast, pictures, media, social campaigns, government endorsements, and more, in a coordinated effort to focus on the critical role exhibitions play in getting business and economies back on track.
Kai Hattendorf, CEO of UFI, stated, “As the world readies itself to recover economically from the Covid-19 pandemic, market places and meeting places are key. These platforms are celebrated each year on Global Exhibitions Day. We are delighted to see the significant resonance of the message, inside and outside the industry, that we have a critical role to play in reconnecting and rebuilding communities and economies.”
The entire exhibition industry is encouraged to take part on 3 June. GED, coordinated by UFI, is actively supported and promoted by 41 partner associations and their respective members.
· Share and engage with #GED2020 on social media
· Share photos of you and your colleagues with the GED logo
· Share stories from your exhibition, a lunch of a product, a notable person who attended your show, a quote from an exhibitor, some great ROI statistics
· Create your own “voices of the exhibition industry” card and share your thoughts on the future of the industry (template)
· Organise, or attend, a GED event
· Ask your government officials for endorsement and recognition of exhibition industry
· Come up with your own idea and celebrate your day how you want!
For everything needed to get involved with GED 2020, visit globalexhibitionsday.org