Hearst UK has announced the launch of a new wellbeing and fitness festival for women, from the team behind the publisher’s magazine Women’s Health.
The event, which Hearst acquired from Telegraph Events earlier this year as Be:Fit, has been overhauled, with a new direction centred around the future of wellness. It will take place on 3-5 May 2019 at the BDC.
Running for three days, the event will be broken up into different spaces throughout the BDC, with a varied programme of content:
- The Main Stage will host live interviews with Women’s Health cover stars, panel discussions on both physical and mental health and ‘athleisure’ fashion shows
- The Nourish area will be hosted by scientists and accredited nutrition experts with discussions on how best to eat for holistic wellness
- Fitness spaces will also be incorporated into the event, with classes for consumers ranging from weightlifting to yoga, and spinning to aerobics
- The Zen Den will be an area specifically dedicated to mental health, and a cocoon of tranquillity away from the event floor
- The Boutique Village will allow visitors to shop up-to-date athleisure fashion, as well as a Beauty Lab to delve into the latest skincare technology
The event will also incorporate numerous brand activations with partners set to be announced in due course.
Victoria Archbold, managing director – events & sponsorship at Hearst Live, commented: “Our events business continues to go from strength-to-strength with doubled attendance levels this year. We’re excited to align Women’s Health with the Be:FIT brand and apply our expertise to create an event which will inspire women to take control of their health and fitness.”
Claire Sanderson, editor-in-chief of Women’s Health UK, added: “Women’s Health is the one-stop destination for the 21st century wellness devotee and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to bring our expert advice on fitness, nutrition and mental wellbeing together in a fun, experiential event like Women’s Health Live.
“Over the three days, we’ll connect our readers with some of the best-respected brands, influencers and qualified experts in the community to help them build a body for life.”