Up to £25,000
A leading media company in the events industry is looking for a Senior Sales Ledger Executive to join their Finance team.
The candidate will need to provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect of sales invoicing, reconciliation and maintenance of the sales ledger. They will need to ensure sales invoices are created accurately and to stringent deadlines, ensure good internal control of the sales ledger function, i.e. invoices are authorised and coded correctly, build and maintain close links with customers and ensure timely recovery of payments due, ensure customer accounts are up to date and remain within agreed credit limits, and provide any other support to the Finance team as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create new customer accounts and maintain debtors ledger
- Create and maintain a monthly/weekly invoicing schedule
- Maintain key customer relationships ensuring invoices are cleared for payment
- Prepare and send invoices according to deadlines and magazine schedules
- Post customer receipts to ledgers and reconcile customer accounts
- Oversee credit control functions to ensure customers pay on time
- Provide Finance Manager with weekly cash forecasts and debtors reports
- Ensure each call is well planned with a clear objective
- Plan administrative duties around sales ledger function. Duties such as emails and letters should be done in none core calling time, i.e. before 10am or after 4pm unless urgent
- Any agreements with delinquent clients should be followed up with an email confirming agreement and payment dates etc
- Regular and proactive monitoring of aged accounts over 30 days
- Knowledge – stay up to date on the latest sales ledger procedures and techniques and laws governing debt management, i.e. CCJ rules
- Liaise closely with sales admin staff to ensure all orders are invoiced according to schedule.
The candidate should be:
- Firm, fair and organised
- Have solid computer skills
- Good team management skills
- Ability to work in a team or on own initiative
- Excellent written and solid verbal communication skills
- Good attention to details
- A good head for numbers
- Sound business judgement
- Able to work under pressure and to agreed deadlines.