Event tech specialist RefTech is running a series of GDPR masterclasses across the UK to help event organisers to create their own GDPR strategy.
The masterclasses are free to attend and are aimed at event organisers and professionals who use, collect, control or process any form of data in their business activities.
Simon Clayton, chief ideas officer, RefTech, commented: “There’s an awful lot of information out there about GDPR but understanding how this applies to the events industry is much more difficult. The new law which will be enforceable in May 2018, cannot be ignored and the fines for non-compliance or data breaches could be more severe than previously. It will impact on every event organiser who is controlling and processing personal data.
“Our masterclasses will give organisers the tools they need to start their own journey to GDPR compliance.
The GDPR Masterclass will cover:
- What GDPR means – the key principles
- What happens if you don’t do anything
- How it impacts you as an event organiser
- Why you need to get your plan in place
- Key areas to consider in building your plan and processes
- Implicit consent and the rights of individuals
- Data protection by design and by default
- Useful resources and where to find help
Each masterclass will be held from 7.30am to 10am at the following dates and locations:
- 3rd November: thestudio, Manchester
- 10th November: the Grange Holborn Hotel, London (reserve list)
- 13th November: thestudio, Leeds
For more information or to book a place go to: http://gdpr.eventreference.com/