Kent Event Centre (KEC) has reported growth in repeat business for 2018 with a number of event organisers renewing contracts to bring their events back to the venue in Maidstone next year.
Taking place for a second year at the venue are:
- Rise 4 Disability Exhibition on 18 September
- Build It Live South East on 3-4 February
- Maidstone Tattoo Extravaganza 31 March to 2 April
- Glow in the Park 5k Run on 28 April
- Create it feat Hochanda 19-20 May
- Ultra White Collar Boxing (UWCB) on various dates throughout the year
- FFX Toolshow 2018 on 23-24 February
- Best Parties Ever will partner with KEC on its Christmas parties throughout November-December for the 17th consecutive year
The FFX Toolshow 2018, an event for fixings and building suppliers, will be held at the venue in Maidstone for the third consecutive year.
Relocated from Glow in Bluewater, the FFX Toolshow was held for the first time at KEC in 2016 where it spanned 5,000sqm of the venue and attracted over 8,000 visitors. The organiser said it has seen a 50 per cent rise in show visitors since it moved to Kent Event Centre. In 2017 the event attracted 15,000 visitors.
Show director Mark Skinner, explained: “Kent Event Centre has worked really well for the show. The venue has easy access, is in a great location and has plentiful customer parking. The venue can cope with such large-scale numbers and has allowed us to grow the showfloor.”
Organisers of Rise 4 Disability, Made2Aid, have also said visitor numbers exceeded their expectations when the first show took place at KEC in 2017.
Alison Wallington, KEC manager, commented: “Kent Event Centre has worked hard to create a varied client base and we believe our relationships with our clients are testament to them wishing to return in the future.
“The versatile nature of the venue offers the flexibility to attract a whole host of events from concerts to trade exhibitions and conferences, charity events and teambuilding to large consumer shows. No two days are ever the same at the venue and we relish the challenges these events bring with them. We look forward to welcoming our clients back in 2018 and for many years to come.”