A specialist events and B2B publishing business, which serves the UK and international events industry, is looking for a Junior News Reporter to join their team.
You will be responsible for researching and producing articles for the company’s three monthly and two bi-monthly B2B titles, with a focus online. The successful applicant could be writing up to 20 stories each day.
This is a great entry-level job for someone looking to forge a career in content writing or journalism.
During your typical day you will be forwarded press releases from the magazine’s editors, for which you will source original quotes, find unique angles, and publish to the respective website and promote on social media.
Under instruction from an editor, you will assist with building each of the magazine’s print news pages in time for their respective deadlines. On occasion, you may be asked to contribute small features to print magazines.
This is an office-based position, although the opportunity to work off site and attend events may present themselves from time to time.
Key responsibilities include:
- To write and publish news for five magazine websites
- To assist magazine editors with news pages in print
- Build relationships with industry stakeholders and PRs
- Help editors run social media accounts
- Source images.
The candidate should have:
- Some journalism experience or NCTJ qualification desired – entry level position
- Strong content and copy writing skills
- Excellent grammar and command of English
- Experience with CMS, preferably WordPress
- A responsible and pro-active attitude
- Ability to prioritise workload when required and work towards deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of high pressure environment of news gathering and able to file copy speedily and accurately
- Good stamina and energy and an interest in the events industry.