SDL Exhibitions Ltd has been organising highly successful exhibitions in Europe’s fast growing economy for over 40 years and the proprietors wish to step back from the day to day running of the business.
Location – Dublin
Package Negotiable –
Contact: Sean Lemass
Operations / General Manager
- Overall responsibility for the planning, management and operation of the exhibition business.
- Working with the team to ensure they understand their responsibilities and have the skills and resources necessary by monitoring performance and positive reinforcement.
- The development and implementation of a strategy, with the directors, designed to grow the business.
- Coordinate the development of key performance indicators for sales, attendance, visitor and exhibitor satisfaction.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs.
- Evaluate and decide on new events in consultation with the directors
- Recruit suitable talent as the business grows.
- Communicate strategy and results to the company’s employees.
- Report key results to the directors.
- Engage with the directors in broader organizational strategy planning.
Detail Day to Day
- Manage Relationships with all sponsors and partners for each event.
- Record and implement our commitments to every sponsor and partner including media partners.
- Management of web sites including drafting copy and updating to a planned schedule.
- Draft eShots for sending out to a planned schedule – using our in-house graphics resource.
- Manage a social media campaign for each event with Show Director and/or PR consultant.
- Sourcing and management of suitable show features, demos, seminars, entertainment and attractions to an agreed budget.
- Planning of each event’s advertising and promotional campaign.
- Negotiation with media partner to maximise target market awareness.
- Negotiate with and appoint a suitable PR agent for consumer events.
- Manage the PR agent with weekly meetings in the run into each event.
- Set up joint PR meetings with PR agent, sponsors and relevant partners in the run into each event.
- Ensure PR Consultant surveys exhibitor content and special interest exhibitors and publicise where possible.
- Draft and implement exhibitor and visitor surveys using a third party research company.
- Plan, manage and build permission email addresses and other contact details for visitors and prospective visitors well in advance – Karen makes the calls.
- Implement a planned visitor email campaign for each event including special offers and viral opportunities where appropriate using SDL, exhibitor, partner and 3rd party lists where possible.
- Negotiate and purchase advertising campaigns including radio, press, trade magazines, outdoor etc for each event to an agreed budget.
- Arrange and manage special promotional opportunities such as newspaper supplements, outside broadcasts and media interviews.
- Liaise with graphics department to ensure that all collateral material is produced in good time.
- Monitor all web sites on a weekly schedule, drafting and implementing any changes required.
- Manage blogs, social media and other online opportunities as they arise.
- Provide a monthly plan for each event and a weekly progress report.
- Schedule, draft and produce all exhibitor and visitor collateral material including invitation tickets, posters and newsletters as required for each event.
- Source and confirm suitable speakers for seminars when required in good time both directly and via event partners.
- Liaise with display contractor prior to each event, negotiate quotations and manage feature, signage, carpet electrical, security, cleaning and other contractors for each event.
- Finalise floor plan for each event using a CAD system.
- Produce specification, obtain quotes and manage all AV Requirements
- At Events – On Site management of the team, contractors, features, attractions, seminars etc.