Knowledge Exchange by PCMA is the first of its kind organised by the international industry association in the UK, and will be held on 2 November at Excel London. Curated for agencies, corporate event organisers and associations, the event will provide attendees with relevant industry case studies on how to manage an event crisis.
Luca Favetta, regional business director EMEA at PCMA commented: “It’s essential that event organisers are prepared for the unexpected and that crisis management plays a key role in event preparation. By having a clear strategy in place for any eventuality, companies can rest assure that all staff will know how to respond effectively – when it matters most.”
Speakers at the event are:
- Gerd De Bruycker, head of events marketing EMEAR, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Ben Goedegebuure, general manager, EMEA, Maritz Global Events Inc.
- Mary Pat Heftman, Cchair, PCMA, executive vice president, Convention & Strategic Alliances, National Restaurant Association
- Ken Kelling, associate director, Davies Tanner
- Annalisa Ponchia, chief Executive officer, European Society for Organ Transplantation (ESOT)
Attendees will gain insights on event safety and crisis communication and will be provided with a fool-proof checklist to deploy before, during and after a crisis scenario.
The event will not only educate attendees, but also help to define their crisis management messaging for all stakeholders and future event attendees.
Favetta explained: “For this reason, it’s great that industry experts have the opportunity to exchange knowledge and share experiences with attendees at our morning event – Knowledge Exchange. This is a vital skillset to have in the industry and we look forward to learning more – as it’s a subject you can never be too educated on.”
Registration to attend Knowledge Exchange is open from the PCMA website. The event takes place on Thursday this week from 9.30am-11.30am at ExCel London.