£28,000 + 10% bonus
A successful, dynamic and creative global exhibitions and conferences business are seeking an Exhibitions Credit Controller to join their team.
Reporting to the Exhibition Credit Manager, the post holder is required to maximise cashflow potential by prompt collection of stage payments and ensure all debts are collected before any event opens.
Key responsibilities include:
General Credit Control
- Ensuring all invoices are paid as close to due date as possible
- Contacting customers (internal and external) by telephone, email and in person to ensure payment deadlines are met
- Ensuring all show debts are paid before the show open date
- Ensuring that debtor statements are sent out on time
- Ensuring all debtor queries are dealt with promptly
- Ensuring pre-show debt reports are maintained and distributed properly
- Ensuring overall debt exposure is kept to a bare minimum
- Reconciliation of sales records with financial systems to ensure everything is invoiced and numbers match between the systems.
Proactive Credit Control
- Liaising with Sales Teams to ensure contracts are properly completed and returned in good time
- Liaising with Sales Teams with regard to potential bad debtors
- Ensuring customer’s records are maintained and that credit notes and unallocated cash receipts are kept to a minimum
- To be aware of future shows and the potential debt exposure
- Maintaining relationships with exhibitors, including visiting the events for face-to- face communications and processing on-site payments.
The candidate should:
- Be professional, commercially minded, authoritative and able to demonstrate knowledge of successful credit control processes whilst working within a team
- Be able to work on their own initiative and must be resilient and respond well under pressure
- Show high levels of confidence, be customer focused and be able to problem-solve quickly
- Assume ownership of any problems and get back to customers in as short a time frame as possible
- Have exceptional organisational and time management skills are essential
- Be familiar with VAT and tax regulations in the UK, EU and worldwide
- Have adaptability to work with different currencies and FX rates
- Have confidence and adaptability in dealing with different IT registration systems
- Be confident using Excel
- Have a confident telephone manner
- Contribute to a team environment and maintain a good working atmosphere
- Have experience of working in a similar role
- Experience in exhibitions is preferred
- Proficiency in German language would be an advantage.