Up to £22,000
A leading media company in the events industry is looking for a Credit Control Executive to join their Finance team.
The candidate will need to provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect of the Credit Control functions, build and maintain close links with customers and ensure timely recovery of payments due, ensure customer accounts remain within agreed credit limits, and provide any other support to the Finance team as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collect outstanding debt by use of telephone calls/letters
- Investigate and resolve sales ledger queries promptly
- Maintain key customer relationships ensuring invoices are cleared for payment
- Monitor balances due and payments received
- Post customer receipts to ledgers
- Negotiate payment plans
- Take effective collection action against delinquent clients
- Ensure each call is well planned with a clear objective
- Plan administrative duties around credit control function. Duties such as emails and letters should be done in none core calling time, i.e. before 10am or after 4pm unless urgent
- Any agreements with delinquent clients should be followed up with an email confirming agreement and payment dates etc
- Regular and proactive monitoring of aged accounts over 30 days
- Knowledge – stay up to date on the latest credit control procedures and techniques and laws governing debt management, i.e. CCJ rules.
The candidate should be:
- Firm, fair and organised
- Have solid computer skills
- Good team management skills
- Ability to work in a team or on own initative
- Excellent written and solid verbal communication skills
- Good attention to details
- A good head for numbers
- Sound business judgement
- Able to work under pressure and to agreed deadlines.